Every Dynamic QR Code gets a random short URL by default. This is what redirects to your page when the QR Code is scanned. You can customize the short URL to your preference (e.g. by including your company name) to build more trust among users who scan your codes.
To edit the short URL on a Dynamic QR Code:
1. Select the location in which your QR Code is located under My QR Codes or My Folders.
2. Move your mouse cursor below the ‘Download’ button right next to your QR Code and choose Edit content from the dropdown menu.
3. Above the smartphone preview on the right, switch the slider to the QR Code preview.
4. Click on Advanced settings below the QR Code and select Edit.
5. A pop-up box will appear. Make sure to read the information. Then click the green Got It button.
6. Enter your desired short URL and click Save.
Editing a short URL this way won't remove “http://l.ead.me/”. If you’d like to host QR Codes under your own domain, click here for more info.